Lake Titicaca

Lake Titicaca

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vina

In December I took a weekend trip to Vina del Mar, Chile with my friend, Ashley. She had told me about a race there and races always seem to be a good excuse for traveling. Here we are the morning of the race. I did the half marathon and she did her first full (where she ended up placing in her age category). It was impressive. The run was really pretty. The last half was along the ocean so it was a really fun view. My favorite part was crashing on the sand at the finish line though and just hanging out on the beach.

Flower clock in Vina
My favorite part of the trip, the beach!
The night of the race we hobbled around Valparaiso, a neighboring town. It is very colorful and unique. We took an old elevator like the one below up the hillside. We found a nice little cafe there and I ate a delicious ice cream and caramel topped waffle to help with recovery. ;)




There was some cool graffiti artwork when we stepped off the elevator.







Vina was quite a bit more modern than Bolivia. I'm not gonna lie...I really enjoyed the break. Tim studied abroad here in college for a few months, so we are hoping to return together at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a neat town... I really like the fish eyes on the lady

    ReplyDelete